Hi car lover, in today’s episode of car review, I introduce you to The “Infiniti Q50”. The Infiniti Q50 offers you various premium models that usually come from a luxury sedan fully incorporated with a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine. How long do Infiniti Q50 last? This is one of the questions bothering consumers as they prepare to purchase the vehicle.
These Are The Top Points In The Article
- 1 How long do Infiniti Q50 last?
- 2 Is Infiniti Q50 a reliable car?
- 3 Is Infiniti Q50 a good used car?
- 4 How long do Infiniti engines last?
- 5 Do Infiniti Q50 have problems?
- 6 Are Infiniti Q50 expensive to fix?
- 7 Does Infiniti Q50 hold value?
- 8 What High Mileage for the Infiniti Q50?
- 9 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 last before Rusting?
- 10 How Long Does the Infiniti Q50 Last Compared to other Car Models?
- 11 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Brakes Last?
- 12 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Batteries Last?
- 13 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Tires Last?
- 14 How Long Does Infiniti Q50 Transmission Last?
- 15 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Spark Plugs Last?
- 16 How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Engine Last?
- 17 How much is the Insurance Cost of an Infiniti Q50?
- 18 What is the Worst Infiniti Q50 Model Year?
- 19 What is the Best Infiniti Q50 Model Year?
- 20 Tips to Prolong the Life of an Infiniti Q50
- 21 Conclusion
How long do Infiniti Q50 last?
The Infiniti Q50 is a very durable car that can last for 15 to 20 years, translated to 250,000 – 300,000 miles based on an annual mileage of 15,000 miles before requiring a major repair. However, this is only possible if the car is maintained correctly and driven.
Is Infiniti Q50 a reliable car?
based on its reliability rating scale, considered Q50 as a very reliable car that is scored 4.0/ 5.0, placing it as 10th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars.
Other Infiniti Q50 reliability rating includes:
- D. Power ranked it on a reliability score of 81/100, which is excellent.
- Kelley Blue Book, based on 66 consumers reviews, ranked Q50 a score of 4.5/5.
Is Infiniti Q50 a good used car?
Yes, it is. It’s an excellent car to use, uniquely characterized by two great twin-turbocharged engine options and roomy relaxing seating.
How long do Infiniti engines last?
Infiniti Engines can last for at least 200,000 miles before requiring a major engine rebuild or replacement.
Do Infiniti Q50 have problems?
There have not been many problems reported on Infiniti Q50. However, Q50 has been reported to suffer from engine seizures, although an Infiniti manufacturing defect doesn’t cause this, but usually by the negligence of the owners, which allows their oil level to get too low, which can strain the engine, thereby weakening it.
Are Infiniti Q50 expensive to fix?
No, they are not expensive to fix as the annual repair and maintenance costs of a Q50 are totaled at $648, which is less than the average midsize cost, which is $651.
Does Infiniti Q50 hold value?
According to research, it has been discovered that Infiniti Q50 depreciates about 50% after five years of maintaining a 5-year resale value of $21,596.
However, there are certain factors to be considered when buying an already used Q50 car, and it includes:
- The number of owners: The more owners, the riskier it is to buy such a car. It would help if you went for a vehicle that at most has been used by three parsons.
- Maintenance history: Avoid going for cars that have not been adequately managed and maintained as it tends to incur more damages.
- The number of modifications: The more modifications the car has been through, the riskier it is to buy such a car. Go for a Q50 with little or no modification.
What High Mileage for the Infiniti Q50?
Over 120,000 miles on an Infiniti Q50 is considered high mileage. Also, it is a riskier investment to make while purchasing it.
However, buying a used QX50 with over a mileage of 120,000 miles doesn’t mean the car reliability is reduced or prone to issues. Not at all!
Note: Q50 Models infused with 3.7 liters naturally aspirated engine is more reliable than these higher mileages. This is because turbocharged engines can easily break down and tend to be more complicated.
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 last before Rusting?
There have been few complaints on Q50 when it comes to rust. All Q50 models are covered under Infiniti’s 84-month corrosion warranty. However, this warranty does not cover the sheet metal panels; as such, you will be required to pay those when you come for repair.
Additionally, you don’t need additional rusting proofing, but you may require additional protection if you live in a rust-prone environment.
Areas to look out for rusting in a Q50 include:
- Trunk edge near the tail light
- Areas around the Exhaust
So, if you live in rust-prone environments that include:
- Swampy areas
- Icy areas, and
- High humidity environments
You will need the following tips to protect your car further.
- Regular washing is essential if the car is constantly exposed to rain, dirt, snow, and salt. While washing, do include the undercarriage, as it is necessary.
- Rustproofing treatments– To add a layer of protection over your car as a resident of a rust-prone environment, you can go for waxing for ceramic coating.
- Treat all damaged paint spots and scratches with a sense of urgency – Spots and scratches expose the car directly to environmental factors. Also, exposed metal will oxidize, so the sooner it is fixed, the better the vehicle.
How Long Does the Infiniti Q50 Last Compared to other Car Models?
Enlisted in this table below are the various ways ranging from durability to reliability and maintenance cost that the Q50 differs from other similar models.
|Infiniti Q50||Acura TLX||Lexus IS||Genesis G70|
|In terms of durability, The Infiniti Q50 can last for 15 to 20 years, translated to 250,000 – 300,000 miles which are based on an annual mileage of 15,000 miles, before requiring a major repair.||In terms of durability, the average TLX can last between 250,000 – 300,000 miles when properly maintained.|
|In terms of durability, the Lexus IS can last for 15 to 20 years, translated to a mileage of 250,00 to 300.000.|
|In terms of durability, Genesis G70 can last for 200,000 to 250,000 miles when properly maintained.|
|In terms of reliability, Q50 is a very reliable car that is scored 4.0/ 5.0, placing it as 10th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars.|
|In terms of Reliability, ranked TLX 4.5/5.0, placing it on 10th out of 31 luxury sedans, which is 0.5 higher than Q50.||In terms of reliability, ranked it as 4.0 / 5.0, which is the same as that of Q50.||In terms of reliability, ranked Genesis G70 on the scale of 3.5/ 5.0, which is less than Q50 that is 4.0/5.0|
|The average annual repair and maintenance cost of a Q50 is totaled at $648||The average annual repair and maintenance cost of a TLX is $440, which is $208 cheaper than Q50||Lexus’s yearly average repair and maintenance cost is $543, which is $105 cheaper than Q50.||The average annual repair and maintenance cost of a Genesis G70 is $565, which is $83 cheaper than that of Q50.|
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Brakes Last?
An Infiniti Q50 brake pad can last for 25,000 and 65,000 miles on average. However, some brake pads have been reported to last for over 80,000 miles.
However, certain factors like driving habits and braking styles can either shorten or extend the life of the brakes pad.
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Batteries Last?
The Infiniti Q50 battery can last for 3 to 5 years. However, the batteries of the hybrid models can last for up to 8 to 10 years.
To prolong the life of your Q50 battery, do follow the tips below:
- Hook up the battery tender during the extreme cold weather.
- Avoid running any electrical accessories while the engine is off
- Avoid exposing your car to extreme climatic conditions, either hot or cold.
- Regularly ensure that your car is connected tightly
- Regularly clean away any form of debris and corrosion on the battery.
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Tires Last?
An Infiniti Q50 tire can last for 30,000 to 50,000 miles before needing a replacement.
However, the Infiniti Q50 comes in stock with run-flat tires (known as MOExtended tires) that wear out quicker than regular tires. This Run-flat tire is put there to help you drive a limited distance after a total loss of tire pressure before reaching a repair shop.
To ensure that your tires live longer, regularly:
- Rotated them for every 5,000 miles to ensure even wear
- Check the tire pressures; they should be at least 35 psi
How Long Does Infiniti Q50 Transmission Last?
The Infiniti Q50 transmission can last for 250,00 – 300,000 if adequately serviced and maintained.
To prolong the lifespan of the transmission, you should incorporate:
- Smooth driving habits.
- Regular maintenance.
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Spark Plugs Last?
The Infiniti Q50, four-cylinder models, spark plugs can last for 45,000 miles before requiring a replacement.
Ensure you inspect your Spark plugs regularly and replace them when you notice any form of malfunction.
How Long Do Infiniti Q50 Engine Last?
The earlier 3.7 liter V6 engines can last for 60,000 miles before replacement, while the more modern 3.0-liter turbo V6 engines have a lifespan of 100,000 miles.
To prolong the life of your Q50 engine, ensure it is constantly hydrated and oiled.
How much is the Insurance Cost of an Infiniti Q50?
As stated by Finder, the average insurance rate for the Q50 is 4220 monthly and $2,640 yearly.
Also, SmartFinancial calculated the annual average cost to be $2,964, with the cheapest quote at $2,034.
What is the Worst Infiniti Q50 Model Year?
According to Car Complaints, the worst model year is the 2014 Infiniti Q50.
The 2014 Q50 model has the most reported issues so far. The complaints include problems and malfunctions with the following:
- Paint quality
As such, J.D. Power gave the 2014 model the lowest reliability score, 72/100, which is not very impressive.
What is the Best Infiniti Q50 Model Year?
The best Infiniti Q50 Model years are those from 2018 onward. This is because they have the most up-to-date tech and safety features, inclusive of very low-reported cases.
Tips to Prolong the Life of an Infiniti Q50
- Avoid extensive modifications to your vehicle.
- Regularly check your tire pressures and fluids.
- Apply ceramic coating or waxing as added protection against rust
- Treat all forms of rock chips and scratches with a sense of urgency
- Regularly wash your vehicles, especially during the winter seasons or if you live in salty environments.
- Store your vehicle in the garage.
With the above information, you can agree with me that Infiniti Q50 is a good car. Also, with the answer to the question, “how long do Infiniti Q50 last? You can agree that it is a very durable car. For more comprehensive car reviews, do follow us up.